Thursday, May 8, 2014

Guest Post - Lauren Matson

Lauren Matson, has written a guest post on her experience as 2013 Jr Miss Henry County fair queen.


Lauren Matson
 Jr. Miss Henry County Fair 2013
Representing Henry County as the 2013 Jr. Miss this past year has truly been an amazing experience.  Although it has been packed with events, parades and pageants, I can hardly believe that my year is almost over. I will forever cherish the wonderful people I have met and the relationships I’ve made. If I had to pick, fair week would be my favorite. From sharing fun moments with my court to eating loads of fair food, it was a week I wish I could relive every day. Throughout the summer I attended many other pageants and parades with my Miss Lauren, Little Miss Olivia and pageant director Kelli. I was able to participate in the Younkers Community Days event to raise money for the pageant and Princess Academy, where I had the opportunity to meet young girls and teach them important life skills. At the end of the summer, Lauren and I attended the Illinois State Fair. This was a fun-filled day of meeting other county queens and again, we ate tons of fair food!  A highlight of my year was going to cheer on Queen Lauren with Olivia and many family and friends at the state pageant in January. It was quite an experience to watch as Lauren and 71 other fair queens competed in this amazing event. We could not be more proud of Lauren!  My last few months will include more parades, community service events and fundraisers, and our county pageant in June that is inching its way towards us. It will be a great night to watch all the young girls and ladies compete and crown the 2014 queens. Though my year is coming to a close, the memories will last forever as well as the friendships I’ve made with my queen sisters. I’ve been blessed to be able to enjoy such an experience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment