Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Queen Contest

The entry form is now online for the Queen Contests. There are three categories: Little Miss for ages 5-7, Jr. Miss for those ages 12-14, and Miss Henry County Fair Queen for those ages 16-21 and cannot have reached their 22nd birthday before January 1st, 2015. We are fortunate to have a wonderful director such as Kelli Patton. Year after year she does a terrific job. I would encourage any interested girls to sign up for the pageant. Little Miss is full and both entries close on May 5th. Jr. Miss may close earlier if 25 entries are received before the deadline. Click here for the link to the fair website it has both of the forms available.

I have always enjoyed the Queen Pageants, I participated in several when I was younger and was in the Henry County Little Miss Pageant (at least my mom says I did it I don't remember). Many people believe pageants these days have a negative stereotype, especially because reality shows portray pageant girls going to extremes to do anything for the crown. I find this stereotype to be totally untrue.

 I have participated in eight pageants in my life and never won once (the closest I got was first and second runner-up at local pageants). But even though I didn't win, the skills that I learned at an early age have lasted me a lifetime such as how to be confident, interview skills and how to lose gracefully. Unfortunately, I never learned how to master the walk-which is probably why I never won. I practiced for hours when I was younger and even to this day my mom says I still stomp like a Clydesdale, like Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality.

If you have a past fair queen, experience feel free to post in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment